FC Wisconsin Soccer Park Improvements
Over the past year, FC Wisconsin has hosted two fundraisers to assist with maintenance and improvements at the club’s facilities in Germantown. On September 28, 2018 the FC Wisconsin Golf Outing and Auction was hosted at Washington County Golf Course, and on February 9, the Swirl and Sip for Soccer and Auction (a beer and wine tasting) was held at the Milwaukee Public Market.
These two fundraisers generated nearly $20,000 that was used for improvements at FC Wisconsin Soccer Park. Thank you to the attendees, sponsors, auction bidders, and donors for all their support!
The following projects have been completed to date at FC Wisconsin Soccer Park:
- Turf repairs on field #1 and #2
- Upper cabling repaired on the west retaining net of field #1
- Repairs on the game goal frames (performed by Larry Vichich)
- Grading and seeding at the park entrance (time and materials donated by Daryl Prusow)
- Spring facility cleanup (by parent volunteers)
- Addition of one portable toliet (currently taking bids for this service, as well as adding a hand wash station)
- Replacement of game day and practice goal netting
- Revised and improved overall facility maintenance program
As with any facility, FC Wisconsin Soccer Park has an ongoing “wish list” of improvements for the near future as available funds permit, including:
- Cutting back the tree line to the south of the parking lot (underway)
- Adding permanent signage at the entrance of FC Wisconsin Soccer Park
- Adding a paved walkway leading from the lower parking lot to field #2 (currently taking bids)
- Seal coating and striping of existing parking lot (currently taking bids)
- Adding infill to both turf fields (currently taking bids)
- Replacing perimeter netting (currently exploring our options for perimeter netting including field level signage boards in certain areas)
Planning is underway for field turf replacement of both fields, which will ideally begin in the next couple of years. Bids are currently being solicited, and estimated replacement costs range from $350,000-$375,000 per field. Funds for these replacements through sponsorships are currently being sought. Sponsorships levels begin at $2,500 and all proceeds will be directed to improvements at FC Wisconsin Soccer Park. Permanent restrooms, locker rooms, and a concessions building remain a long-term goal, but the immediate need is turf replacement.
If you have any questions or are interested in assisting with upcoming improvements at FC Wisconsin Soccer Park, please contact facility managers John Norfolk at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pete Meenk at email@example.com.