College Season Update
FC Wisconsin Alums Continuing to Make Big Impact Throughout the College Season
FC Wisconsin continues to have more college alums than any other club in the state of Wisconsin. With over 80 current alums playing college soccer across the US at every level, FC Wisconsin players are making a big imprint when they move to the next stage of their careers.
With the college season now at the business end of the year, FC Wisconsin alums are continuing to play major roles in their team’s current successes. More club alums are continuing to make their mark in Division I, II, III and NAIA competition across the country.
NCAA Division I:
- Davidson College: Freshman Vincent Bennage has taken the Carolinas by storm leading the team in goals and points. The 2021 ECNL All-American, and Midwest Conference Player of the year has scored 7 goals on the year for 14 points. Bennage ranks 4th in the A10 Conference for goals scored and 10th in total points. The Wildcats currently sit at 9-6-2 with Bennage scoring yet another game winning goal in the recent win over George Mason.
- Duke University: Freshman Ruben Mesalles has helped lead the Blue Devils to 10-3-1 record, and currently sit 2nd in the ACC. Mesalles has started 13 games, tallying 1 goal and 3 assists on the season. Mesalles scored the game winner in a huge road win over Michigan in September. Ruben talks HERE about his time with FC Wisconsin.
- Marquette University: Senior Captain Zak Wegner has been battling injury for most of the season but has still managed to make 13 appearances on the year. The Golden Eagles now sit at 6-8-1, and 3-5-1 in Conference. Wegner played a part in their most recent win over DePaul University, which keeps alive their hopes of making the Big East Tournament.
- St. Louis University: The Billikens fresh from winning the A10 Regular Season Championship are now also ranked 11th in the Nation with a current record of 11-0-3. Freshman Erich Legut has seen action in two games on the year, registering an assist in the 4-0 win over Creighton University earlier in the year.
- University of Wisconsin: Red-Shirt Senior Ben Leas has helped Wisconsin to a 7-5-3 record on the year. Leas has started in 13 games and played a key role in the recent Big Ten win over Maryland. Leas has also started in both in State wins over Marquette and Milwaukee.
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee: The Panthers coming off a midweek loss to St Thomas University now stand at 7-6-1 for the season. Sophomore Goalkeeper Nick Chiappa has started 6 games only conceding 8 goals for a 1.29 GAA. Fellow sophomore, Quinn Rechner has stated 7 games on the year and both started in the recent Chancellors Cup win over Green Bay. Freshman Colin Alba has seen action in 9 games with one assist to his name.
- University of Wisconsin – Green Bay: The Phoenix has had a tough season currently sitting at 1-9-4. Freshman Stjepan Peharda made his collegiate debut in the loss to Marquette registering a shot on target. Peharda has gone on to make 4 appearances this season, playing a part in the 2-1 win over in-state rival Wisconsin.
- Drake University: The bulldogs are 6-5 on the season. Senior, Bradan Allen has started 10 games adding two goals, and one assist on the year. Allen’s most recent assist was in the big 2-1 Conference win over Bradley University. Fellow senior Jaden Stevenson has seen action in 11 games, scoring one goal, and Simar Perez has also seen action 11 games on the year.
- Wright State University: It has been a tough season for the Raiders who are currently 4-9-1. FC North Alum, Alex Hummel has been in excellent form though, starting all 14 games leading the team in overall minutes played. Hummel has 1 goal on the year and picked up his first assist on the season in the recent 2-1 loss to Duquesne.
- University of St. Thomas: The Tommies in their first season at the NCAA Division I level currently stand at 2-11-2. However; they have won their last two games with Senior Niklas Martensson keeping clean sheets in both. Martensson has started 8 games this season and this week was named the Summit League Defensive Player of the Week.
- Hartford University: The Hawks currently have a record of 4-9-3. Red-Shirt freshman Max Stilb made his collegiate debut in the 1-0 win over Central Connecticut State and has made 3 appearances on the season.
NCAA Division II:
- The University of Wisconsin – Parkside: The Rangers are having another good season standing at 10-3-2. Redshirt junior, Dejan Rokvic has played in 13 games and has 3 goals and 3 assists to his name. Rokvic got the game winner in the recent 1-0 win over Purdue Northwest. Sophomore Chris Estrada is currently out injured for the rest of the season having recently had surgery, will return for the spring season.
- Northern Michigan University: The Wildcats are 3-6-2 in the GLAC Conference. Brady Kronenberg (Sr) has started 13 games adding 2 goals and 1 assist on the season. Freshman Peyton Nichols has started 7 games and fellow freshman Logan Lazar has seen action in 11 games. All three FC Alums featured in the recent 1-0 win over Purdue Northwest.
- Upper Iowa University: Senior Tate Lofdahl is leading the Peacocks to their best season under Coach McGowan with a current record of 8-5-1. Lofdahl has started all 14 games tallying 4 goals and 6 assists for the season. His most recent assist came in the 2-0 win over Davenport.
NCAA Division III:
- Concordia University - Wisconsin: Junior Goalkeeper Mattson Wick has started all 16 games for the Falcons helping them to an 8-7-1 overall record. Fellow Junior, and FC North Alum Nick Hummel is having an outstanding season starting all 16 games, adding 7 goals and 4 assists for a total of 18 points on the year. Hummel added 2 goals in the recent 3-1 win over Edgewood.
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville: The Pioneers under third year Head Coach Sam Koenig are having another good season standing at 12-3-2. Sophomore Cayden Carlson has played in all 17 games and notching 2 goals on the season for 4 points. Senior goalkeeper Will Sullivan has made 2 appearances starting 1 game.
- St. Norbert College: Mitchell Scholz (Sr) has helped St Norbert to another good season with an 11-6-1 current record. Scholz ranks 1st on the team for goals and points with 7 goals and 4 assist for 18 points. Cole Goff (Jr) has seen action in 11 games and Sophomore Luke Lessila has made 6 appearances on the season. Ethan Engelken is also having a strong freshman year making 11 appearances scoring one goal.
- Wartburg College: The Knights are having another solid season posting a current record of 7-6-3. Captain Sam Thomann (Sr) has helped lead a strong defense that earned him Conference Defensive Player of the Week. Junior Parker Schimmers has made 9 appearances during the season.
- Carroll University: The Pioneers currently stand at 8-6-1. Junior Brendan Shiroda has started 7 games adding 2 assists. Sophomore Sam Dorchester has seen action in 14 games and also has 2 assists to his name.
- Wisconsin Lutheran College: The Warriors are currently 6-11 on the season. Sophomore Tim Gillingham has seen action in 14 games and scored his first collegiate goal in the opening day win over Ripon.
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater: The Warhawks with the help of four FC Alums are having an excellent season with a 13-5-1 record. Senior Alec Sykes, has started 17 games, scoring 6 goals which ranks 2nd on the team. Will Hamilton (Jr) has started 18 games and leads the team in total minutes played. Red-Shirt freshman, Fionnbharr Hartnett has seen action in 12 games adding 1 goal and Cameron Maderski (Fr) has also seen action in 9 games.
- Macalester College: Freshman Midfielder Nathan Corbett is having a solid campaign seeing action in 10 games. Corbett tallied his first collegiate assist in the 4-0 win over St Scholastica College.
- Ripon College: Sophomore Eli Dietzel leads the Red Hawks with 6 goals and 4 assists on the season for 16 points. Fellow sophomore and FC North Alum Timothy Geocaris has seen action in 15 games tallying 1 goal and 1 assist. Alex Casarez is having an excellent freshman season starting 16 games and adding 3 goals and 2 assists. Calvin Battle (Fr) has seen action in 11 games tallying 1 assist.
- North Central College: The Cardinals are having an excellent season standing at 14-1-1 ranked 24th Nationally. Sophomore Goalkeeper Sid Marquardt leads the Nation in shutouts and ranks 4th in the Nation for goals against. Marquardt also leads the CCIW Conference in every Goalkeeping category.
- Washington University – St. Louis: The bears are currently ranked 8th in the nation with a 9-2-1 record. Senior forward Nolan Wolf has seen action in 8 games scoring 2 goals and adding 1 assist. Freshman Ezra Joseph has also played in 7 games. Both saw action in the recent 2-0 win over Miliken.
- St John's University: The Johnnies are having a solid season posting a 7-7-1 record. Senior Drew Engel has started 15 games, scoring 2 goals and adding 2 assists.
- Emory College: Junior Madison Conduah has helped the Eagles to an 8-1-4 record. Conduah has seen action in 13 games scoring the game winner in OT against Christopher Newport University.
- Elmhurst College: The Bluejays currently stand at 7-7-2 for the season. Junior Goalkeeper Noah Reed has started 15 games this season, making 74 saves with a 1.36 GAA. Reed was recently named the CCIW Defensive Player of the Week.
- University of Wisconsin - Superior: Freshman Alex Paredes has helped lead the Yellowjackets to a 12-6 record. Paredes has started 16 games and was recently named the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
- University of Dubuque: Sophomore Aaron Weiss has helped Dubuque to a 12-3-1 record. Weiss has seen action in 3 games and most recently played a part in the recent win over Nebraska Wesleyan.
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire: Sophomore Dylan Burk has helped Eau Claire to a 13-4 season. Burk has seen action in 9 games on the season.
- Marian University: Although a tough season for the Sabres, freshman Zach Paxton has started in 15 games, scoring 3 goals and adding 4 assists for 10 points on the year. Paxton scored the game winner in the recent 3-1 win at Aurora. Junior Tallon Schuster has started 16 games adding 2 assists on the season.
- Williams College: The ‘EPHS’ are having solid season sitting at 7-6-2. Sophomore Jonathon Carl has seen action in 3 games this season.
- St. Mary’s University: The Cardinals have had a tough season far with a record of 3-11-2. Freshman Augie Deavers has seen action in 2 games on the season, making his collegiate debut in the 5-0 win over Martin Luther College.
- Hamline College: The Pipers have struggled to a 2-11-3 record. However sophomore Cole Brennan has had a solid season starting 13 games adding 2 assists to his name.
- University of Concordia – Chicago: The Cougars are having another strong season sitting at 9-6-2 for the year. Freshman Dylan Boerner has seen action in 2 games on the season.
- Wentworth Institute Technology: The Leopards sit at .500 on the year with a 9-9 record. Sophomore Goalkeeper Noah Lawless has seen action in 4 games and played the full 90 minutes in the recent 2-1 win over Suffolk.
- University of Chicago: The Maroons are having another strong season current ranked 16th in the Nation with a record of 10-4-1. Sophomore Vanni Olla has already made such a profound impact on his teammates that he was awarded Athlete of the Week in September.
- John Carroll College: The Blue Streaks are coming off an excellent 2020 season reaching the NCAA National Tournament. They currently sit at 9-3-4 with sophomore defender Timmy Flannery seeing action in 2 games on the season.
- Cardinal Stritch: FC Wisconsin Coach Jamie Bladen is coming off winning his 4th straight regular season title and Conference Championship. The Wolves are currently 9-3-2 on the season pushing for yet another Conference Championship. After an impressive 2020 season, Salvador Nunez (Sr) has struggled with injuries making 7 appearances, scoring 3 goals and adding 2 assists. A trio of freshmen has all made their debuts this season, with Alishan Sharipov featuring in 7 games, scoring 1 goal, Joseph Bergesen playing in 4 games also scoring 1 goal on the season, and Mauricio Rojo has featured in 1 game on the year.
- Viterbo University: The V-Hawks are having their best season in program history currently standing at 15-0-1. Freshman Dakota Hatzenbeller has featured in 12 games scoring 2 goals and adding 1 assist. Hatzenbeller scored the game winner in the recent 2-0 shutout of Morningside College.
- Iowa Western Community College: The Reivers are in the midst of an undefeated season standing at 14-0-1. Sophomore Goalkeeper Haakon Utesch has started 3 games only conceding 1 goal for a 0.33 GAA.
- Bryant & Stratton Community College: Freshman Jakob Hilger has started 12 games for the Bobcats, adding 2 assists on the season.
For a complete list of the FC Wisconsin players in College, please click HERE
For more information on the club and all our teams please visit www.fcwisconsin.com
For updated scores and highlights, follow us on Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
Facebook: FC Wisconsin Nationals